What is DECA?
More than 60 years ago, DECA organized around an ambitious goal: to improve education and career opportunities for students interested in careers in marketing, management and entrepreneurship. What began with a few hundred students in 17 states has grown to over 185,000 students in all 50 states, Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico, Germany and Mexico.
To support the development of marketing and management skills in career areas such as hospitality, finance, sales and service, business administration and entrepreneurship. Programs and activities are tailored to the specific career interest of students and include technical skills, basic scholastic and communication skills, human relations and employability skills, and a strong emphasis on economics and free enterprise.
To enhance the co–curricular education of students with interest in marketing, management and entrepreneurship. DECA helps students to develop skills and competence for marketing careers, to build self–esteem, to experience leadership and to practice community service. DECA is committed to the advocacy of marketing education and the growth of business/education partnerships.
The club is open to all business and marketing students at Taravella.
DECA DiamondsEarn DECA Diamonds for bringing in an item from the following list:
- Box of tissues (2 pts)
- Hand sanitizer (2 pts)
- Baby wipes (2 pts)
- Disinfectant spray for keyboards (i.e. Lysol, 2 pts.)
- Sharpies (any color- 2 pts)
- Reams of copy paper (White or colored 5 pts)
- Get a friend to open a BrightStar savings or checking account (1 pt each friend - no point limit) Application
- Box of legal size white blank envelopes (2 pts)
- Giveaway items to use as prizes for student activities (like gift cards, tee shirts, school supplies)